Rispondi 

Valutazione discussione:
  • 0 voti - 0 media
State of today
16-10-2019, 09:40 (Questo messaggio è stato modificato l'ultima volta il: 16-10-2019 09:42 da zafran.)
Messaggio: #1

State of today
My old installation is still working perfectly but I didn't upgrade it since Adriano said that update was not so stable.

On October 26th in Italy we have the linuxday and maybe somebody will ask for a new installation
In such occasions I usually propose uplos32 for 32 machines (but not only)
If I upgrade my system from the repo will it be safe to generate a new iso?
Trova tutti i messaggi di questo utente
Cita questo messaggio nella tua risposta
16-10-2019, 11:57
Messaggio: #2

RE: State of today
I break my uplos with devel section, I know this problem because some packages are not good, but test section......is another question. Add test section to your repo and do full upgrade. Some packages will be keep, write on a sheet all non upgradable oackages, add devel and devel2 sections and upgrade only such packages, then remove from synaptic test, devel and devel2. Maybe I have to give you some packages from adriano.rep or mega. Write to me your errors. I did this on virtualbox with all uplos's iso with a good success.
Lomanager, browser' s links are on this forum
16-10-2019, 18:58 (Questo messaggio è stato modificato l'ultima volta il: 16-10-2019 18:59 da tele.)
Messaggio: #3

We need to update the kernel, we need to fix some new packages referring to uplos names for proper booting.
Sorry, We can't do it before October 26th.
Too much work.
So I can not recommend uplos for new users.
I also believe that bash is safe. But I prefer to be cautious and update bash and dependencies, and last packages before date when was new account threepio.
Every day I promise myself to save some time but I can't.
For example, I have to make dinner now
and at 21 go to work. For me it is very little time.
I'm going to the store to buy Chinese soup,
maybe it will be faster Big Grin
16-10-2019, 20:24 (Questo messaggio è stato modificato l'ultima volta il: 16-10-2019 20:27 da adrianomorselli.)
Messaggio: #4

Uh yes, but it is only a new iso for users. We can upgrade iso from 2017 with test section, plus last browser and lomanager, it is stable . New kernel will be in future, we can use old kernel from pclos, it is good for old pc.
I opened a tin of beans for dinner Smile
17-10-2019, 20:28
Messaggio: #5

I like beans as well

An installation made in an install party during a linux day in the computer of a new to linux user must be safe
Or it's better to wait.

I can use my old iso and to update it myself by the test repositories as adriano said.
Hope everything works
17-10-2019, 21:14
Messaggio: #6

I reinstalled uplos, so I am able to help you if needed. You can use my apt- souces- list 1.1.12 from mega, link is on this forum. Open synaptyc and check or uncheck repositories.
Rispondi 

Vai al forum:

Utente(i) che stanno guardando questa discussione: 1 Ospite(i)

Scrivici   Home   Top   Visualizza contenuti   Feed